Published: 22 March 2020
Every dog owner should keep a pet first aid kit at the ready for emergencies. There are many available to buy ready made up but you might find you have most of the items needed at home already.
Here's our list of recommended essentials of what you should include in your dog (or pet) first aid kit:
- first aid kit bag, box or container
- bandages with dressing pads
- non-adherent dressings
- surgical sticky tape (5cm x 5cm)
- blunt ended scissors
- a towel
- space blanket
- plastic pouches
- saline pods
- wide collar
- emergency contact numbers such as local vet
- first aid information such as the manual you receive when you attend our First Aid for Dogs course. We've courses coming up in London, Brighton, Crawley, Angmering, Guildford and Woking.
We cover first aid kits and a whole host of other topics on our comprehensive First Aid for Dogs course. Book now!