Published: 16 December 2014
Do you wonder what you would learn on a dog first aid course?
- Would you really know what to do if your dog choked or became unwell?
- Would you know what to do if your dog had an accident?
- Do you look after other peoples dogs?
Our courses aim to teach you basic first aid intervention which may potentially save your pets life before you see your vet.
Our three hour courses cover:
The vet and your role in first aid
- Keeping your pet safe in an emergency
- Car accidents
- Pet proofing your home
- How pets show pain
- Checking your pet’s health
Pet accidents and first aid
- Breathing and respiratory problems including choking
- Dog CPR
- Broken bones
- Spinal injury and moving an injured pet
- Controlling bleeding
- Dressings and bandages
- Paw problems
- Ears, eyes and mouth
- Bandaging the ear
- Bandaging the tail
- Poisoning, bites and stings
- Burns and temperature related problems
- Seizures and epilepsy
We apply all this to different sizes and ages of dogs and also look at pet first aid kits. We now have dates for the 2015 in Brighton and Hove in Sussex, Farnham and Guildford in Surrey and in house across the south East.
Search archive by keyword...